Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Scrapdragons Challenge
My friend Laura is one of the girls that runs the challenge blog, Scrapdragons. I've been wanting to do some of their challenges, but haven't gotten it together until this month.

Their current challenge is to do a layout inspired by an album cover, whether it be the colors or design or title... whatever.

I've been wanting to scrap the pics from the Over the Rhine show we went to last month, and this challenge totally inspired me to do it! Like a doofus, I had forgotten my camera battery that night, but the nice couple sitting next to our friends Jeremy & Christa sent them some pics of the night, along with my friend Kim's pictures... so I was still able to document this amazing concert.

I was inspired by the Trumpet Child album that Over the Rhine just released (and this was the tour they are on, so I thought it was fitting). I did a similar background to their cd by stamping with turquoise acrylic paint and a Heidi Swapp damask stamp on top of a pale blue Bazzill cardstock. I also used a Basic Grey floral rubon from a Crop Addict kit to make the "trumpet" like on the album cover. I put it on blue cardstock and then added black pen lines around it. It's made more dimensional by using a pop dot beneath it.

Other stuff on here:
our manufacturer challenge for next month at Crop Addict gave us these, so I had to get some more because I love them so much!
Jenni Bowlin
Making Memories
Creative Cafe
Heidi Swapp

Labels: ,

10 Comments:
Blogger Haley said...
Wow! I LOVE your interpretation of this!

It is a gorgeous lo!

Yay Virginia!

p.s. I am loving working on my album.

Blogger Christina Marie said...
oh my GOSH!!! that is absolutely georgeous I just love that background technique so amazing =)

Blogger Adrienne said...
OH GIRL! I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!

Blogger Laura S. said...
V you amaze me...always!! Love love love this!! So glad you came over to play.

hugs,
Laura

Blogger Morgan said...
Very cool! I love your stamped design and that trumpet is seriously awesome! You rock!!!

Blogger Jana Eubank said...
Awesome page, Virginia! I love the way you inpreted the album cover! SWEET!

Blogger Christa said...
I love, love, love this (of course) ;).

Blogger Chris said...
AWESOME i LOVE THIS LO!

Blogger Creating Memories said...
What a cool layout! I love how you used that album cover for inspiration!

Blogger Unknown said...
Wonderful work! Just love how this page turned out! Thanks for playing with us over at Scrapdragons!