Thursday, March 06, 2008
Layout-pa-looza
Here are some layouts I did for Scrap Etc:

**click on any image to see it larger**

This one is using brand new SEI papers. I loved these little birdies! Too cute! Got some Blossoms and Buttons from Making Memories on here too, along with some of their fabulous little notebook paper from the 5th Avenue collection.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Basic Grey's new Archaic line is SO adorable! I figured you'd probably be seeing a lot of little boy layouts with this product, so I figured I'd give it a little bit of a different spin. Em is decently into dinosaurs these days, and when she first started recognizing them, she called them "dino-roars." So cute!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I did this one with new SEI papers as well, along with a few other things. I created this for a challenge for the Crop Addict online crop last weekend. My challenge was to use the new Pantone Spring 2008 color predictions as your color scheme. Kind of broke me out of my old faithful "turquoise and green" rut. ;)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally, another one with the Basic Grey Archaic line. Kim at Crop Addict did a challenge to use hidden journaling on your layout, and that gave me the push to finally make this layout that has been bumping around in my head for a while. The journaling is about my thoughts around the time that I found out about Rick Burgess' son's death. It really has affected some of the way I view Atticus, for at least this season in our life. I know that I absolutely love all my children, and I cannot imagine the horror and grief that would overcome me if I lost one of them, but for the reason that I was pregnant with Atticus at the same time Sherri was pregnant with Bronner, I seem to transfer some of those feelings onto him. I have thought and prayed a lot about Sherri in the last month or so, imagining all of the things she must be feeling and going through... so some of those thoughts ended up in the journaling on this page.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sorry for that sad note at the end of this post... just something that has been on my heart lately.

That's the end of my marathon of posts today! Thanks for stopping by to read my ramblings... I don't say it enough, but I truly appreciate the little bit of joy I get in my inbox each time I see a new comment has been posted here. :)

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:
Blogger *Heather said...
What beautiful layouts Virginia but man you are making me want to scrap and I don't have time right now! ;) I'll just have to keep wishing!

Blogger Lisa said...
You are making me want to scrap too!! But, I have kiddos to teach instead - maybe this weekend I'll get around to it. What are you putting on the buttons? It looked like seed beads or something? Kind of a little sparkle here and there. Very cool!! I really just love how you mix lines together and it just works. I don't have that in me - YET!! :)

Blogger Adrienne said...
Girl beautiful pages!!!!!

Blogger jenney said...
Super cute layouts, girl!!! Your work is always sooo inspiring!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
These are beautiful!!

Blogger Haley said...
Your layouts looks wonderful! I am curious about how Bronner passed away, when I read a little about he and his family on that website, it touched my heart and I wanted to know what happened to such a sweet and well loved little boy.

I hope that's not to intrusive.

You can email me back if you would rather not right the answer as a comment.

Blogger Missy said...
I want to do a "When I was 5" album for Lanalou's 6th birthday (that sounds crazy to me that my baby is going to be 6) anyways...
any suggestions for where to get my supplies, how much it will cost etc...?
I want to do it up good, but I don't think it will be Virginia good! ;)

Blogger Allison Cope said...
Your pages are glorious!!! Love all the texture you use and the layering you do!