Tuesday, January 22, 2008
New Hair!
Yesterday I got to get a little "pick-me-up" and have a day to get my hair cut & colored. :) I put my hair into the hands of the marvelous Kari Ann and told her to do something with it. I trust the girl- and I don't trust many with my hair. (Isn't she the cutest?)

She decided to do a PM (Paul Mitchell) Shine treatment on my hair, and did some dark brown with red/violet hints. I LOVE it. The color is so rich and shiny, and when the light hits it, you can see all the marvelous red. Super cute. The bonus is I don't have to go back to get roots touched up or anything because it will eventually fade out in a few months.

Her plans got changed a little bit with what she wanted to do with my hair, but as the artist she is, she still made this mommy feel funky and cute and fresh. I looooove it. It's got a lot of versatility to it, too- I can do it sleek or flipped out or all "big" and punky.
Photobucket

Photobucket
So- if you are in the greater Birmingham area, give Kari Ann a call to do your hair. She styles at the Shine Salon (it's a Paul Mitchell Focus salon) in Trussville. The prices are very reasonable ($35 for a wash/cut/style, I believe; $35 for the shine treatment; other color stuff starts at $85). The number there is 661-3331.
22 Comments:
Blogger Adrienne said...
Very cute!!!

Blogger cropaddict.com said...
Great cut V :) Very cute, tres chic.

Blogger HoweverAlthough said...
VERY cute! And so hip and updated for the mommy! :) I need new hair, but alas I find myself in the endless sea of strip malls known as Tuscaloosa...sigh. I did find a great hairdresser here once, but when I had to pay the same amount as my car payment for cut and color, I decided to not go back just yet. I have to save money. I have paper to buy.

Blogger Jenney said...
You look adorable!! Awesome haircut, girl!

Blogger Andy said...
love the new do. super cute.

Blogger Kim said...
cuteness... Beex got a fever last night and threw up. Um, sorry.

Blogger Deanna said...
love it! it fits you to a T!

Blogger Lisa said...
aren't you the HOT MAMA!!! I love it - it looks fantastic - YOU look fantastic!!

Blogger Katie said...
awwww ... you look so cute!
squeal :)
love ya
k

Blogger Morgan said...
You look great, that cut is so perfect for you!

Oh, Virginia I love the new look. Great haircut.

Blogger Amy said...
I like your new look! Nothin' makes you feel better than a new look (especially after pregnancy). By the way...my girl turned 13 today!

Blogger Haley said...
It looks great! :-) She did an awesome job!!!

Blogger Michon said...
Very funky!! Love it! If that doesn't perk a mommy mood nothing will!

Blogger Leslie said...
VERY CUTE!!! I love it! I've been wanting to do something funky with my color, but haven't had the guts, yet. You may have inspired me. I love it!

Blogger Just call me "B" said...
Looking like such a cute Mommy!
I love it!

Blogger Abbey said...
Michelle was right! SHe called yesterday just to say go to your blog and look at the cuteness of you're new hair on you. You look amazing!!! I love it.

I'm dying to see it big and punked out though! That's too too cool. You're too too cool. I'm too too wierd right now.

Prettiness, as usual! I really want to go to the dark with the red undertone.
I can't help but imagine it with little side pigtails (not the high ones, the low ones) as a quick and cute 'run-to-the-store' look.
I need to get a Kari cut soon. :)

Blogger Gretchen said...
aren't you a hottie!

Blogger Nicole said...
You look Awesome! love the cut!

Blogger Christa said...
UGH! Jeremy must have hijacked my bloglines again because I had NO idea this post was out there. I love your hair! Can't wait to see it in person. Too cute! I need a haircut so bad. Must call Kari Ann NOW!!!

Blogger Linda said...
I LOVE it on you! Makes me want to come see Kari Ann.