Saturday, January 26, 2008
Completely and utterly random
1. 2 out of 3 kids in this house currently have a fever (not the baby, so far). Atticus is not pictured here because he has been running around like a maniac, unlike Emerson, who has lay in bed pretty much all day,

Photobucket

2. All weekend fun plans got canceled due to item #1

3. Lots of snuggling going on.

Photobucket

Photobucket

4. Emerson thinks dinosaurs are outside of our house at night. She's very concerned about it. But she also says that "Daddy will take care of it." :) Sweet how she knows already that Daddy is her protector.

Photobucket

5. I decided to leave the Christmas lights around our window in the living room because the white lights looked so pretty behind the curtains. All of the other lights and decorations have been taken down. However, I'm still afraid this makes me a wee bit redneck. Or like a college student.

6. Made this little frame for Valentine's Day. Used the new My Mind's Eye Valentine's papers, Fancy Pants felt, an assortment of flowers, some bling, some lace, and a Creative Cafe` button. Fonts are here and here.

I used this technique for the flowers, and I really like the look that it came out with.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It says:

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.


(1 Cor. 13:4-7, MSG version)

7. Atticus is really cute. He's also a complete handful. He likes to sing "Go Diego Go."

Photobucket

(This is more for his adoring fans rather than for cinematography awards. Sorry for the darkness... but his voice is pretty cute.)


And this is just silly:


8. This should be cool:

...[the] We {heart} Journaling article mentions that every day in February, there will be a journaling exercise...on shimelle.com. Yep, every single day! (I’ve even learned how to load everything up early so, fingers crossed, it should work even without internet in our house every day!) So if you want to follow along, you’ll have 29 pieces of writing by the end of the month…that you might like to turn into 29 layouts or art journal entries or blog posts or pages in a diary. The artsy part is totally up to you. But every day there will be something to focus your pen on making it easy to write something that sounds polished. To find your voice. Which makes me all giddy, just thinking about it. I hope some of you will join in. After all, it’s a great excuse to go buy or make a pretty notebook. And I know how you like pretty notebooks.

You can check it out here: shimelle.com
12 Comments:
Blogger bruinbr said...
very cool flower technique! TFS! Sorry your kiddies aren't feeling well! Hope they get better soon! :)

Blogger Adrienne said...
Hope the babies are better soon!!

HEE HEE HEE!

Go, Diego, go!

And I love "Twoooooooooo! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Great stuff!! (as usual)

LOVE YOU and those BABES! :D

Blogger Lisa said...
Very cute frame!! Loved the movies - Cole was pretty sure Atticus wasn't saying 'GO' and was saying "Cole" instead. lol - and then he wanted to know why he was stinking his finger out at us?? :) Loved the picture of Emerson feeding Sabriel too!!

Blogger Morgan said...
The videos are adorable, I bet you want to snuggle him all the time. I hope your kiddos feel better soon and really hope Sabriel stays healthy.

Blogger HoweverAlthough said...
I left a comment but it disappeared. I know...that sounds like something someone at work would tell the help desk..."My document just went away."
Right.
Anyway, I what I said was basically this:
Your kids are precious.
I'm sorry they are sick. Hope you are not.
I love fonts.
I need more than a journaling prompt - I need a journaling Kick in the BUTT!

Blogger Haley said...
I love the flower technique! How smart!

Also Atticus is precious :-)

Hope the kiddos get to feeling better really soon!

Blogger Abbey said...
I watched the step stool fun twice. I just love the humongous preparation for the merely stepping down. Loved it. And that giggle speaks for itself.

Blogger Unknown said...
oh poor babies - but you got some sweet shots!

Blogger Sarah Rose said...
Virginia, this is going to sound totally stalkerish...
but I remember a looong time ago seeing a paper bag album you did, I think? I mean, I think it was you? Anyway, I was wondering if you could give me a how-to?
Also, where did you get that wonderful frame?

Blogger Andy said...
love the pics of em feeding the baby. and the one of her looking for the dino's. beautiful. she looks like a princess.

Blogger Michelle said...
I LOOOOOVE the pictures. The last time I got on here I couldn't watch the videos for some reason. I loved them both but especially the jumping off the stool. It looked like he thought he was jumping so high.