Thursday, November 01, 2007
Gratuitous Halloween Post
Working on uploading a slideshow of the kids' Halloween pics, but you gotta see this in the meantime:





Slideshow (and description below if you want to read all the details of our day!).
--This is a really long slideshow, so if you don't want to watch the whole thing you can click on "view all images" to browse through the pics at your own leisure.--



Emerson was Strawberry Shortcake. As you can tell, she was enthralled with herself. We sprayed her hair with red stuff- I think she looks pretty good as a red head! We had a brief costume change for a little while when she wanted to wear her "green-blue" (her name for any color) pink pants... but I managed to get her back into her "authentic" Strawberry Shortcake jeans later. :)

Atticus was a lion (although we got asked a couple of times if he was an Ewok). He was not thrilled with his costume to begin with. He seemed to be happier in it once he had a "treat" to pacify him. He was so freaking cute in it. He could barely see- the "mane" cut off his peripheral vision, so he would just keep his little head down and watch his feet go.

We started off the day by hitting the grocery store with Kim & her boys and another girl from her church. We were hoping to score more candy there than we did (last year apparently the store had five "candy stations- but alas, this year, not so much), but we did get an awful lot of looks and "Oh how cute!"s. Oh, and Kim got groceries. Heh

Then we hit downtown Leeds, for some trick-or-treating of local businesses. They were officially doing it from 4-6, but most of them were really nice and gave us candy even though we were early. The Regions bank setup was really cool with some "witch's brew" with dry ice. The kids (and grown ups) were digging it.

After coming home for naps (and *Emerson meltdowns*- ugh) we went out again for some real trick or treating at night. Fatticus and Shaun stayed home and Em & I went out with some friends. Emerson was TOTALLY working the cute factor at the doors of the houses. She was fluttering her eyelashes and talking in her "cute voice" to everyone. It was cracking me up.

All in all- a good night. :)
14 Comments:
Blogger Michelle said...
I seriously CAN NOT stop watching this!!! I think I am addicted to his cuteness. He is the sweetest little guy. This tiny video captures all his happy, peaceful little personality. AND THAT VOICE...UGH...I'M GOING TO SQUEEZE THE POOPS OUT OF HIM NEXT TIME I SEE HIM!!!

Blogger Nicole said...
O My! That video was so cute! Love your little Strawberry Shortcake! What a great costume idea!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
OH MY GOODNESS! I have watched this slide show of them several times. I needed to see such complete CUTENESS today! Emerson is beautiful, Virginia...stunning, really. And I love how she was so taken with herself. :) And Atticus! Can I have him? please? I think those two bottom teeth are the sweetest things EVAH! He is so adorable. I so needed to see this today. Thanks for posting it! Did you wear a costume????

Blogger Morgan said...
Those have to be the cutest kids I have ever seen (shh, don't tell...). You could just eat them up! Glad you had a good night!

Blogger Missy said...
Such a Berry sweet costume idea!
and sooo Berry cute! I liked it Berry much!
(Should I stop now?)

Blogger Adrienne said...
VIRGINIA!! ADORABLE!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
So cute!!!!! whose legs are in the background of the last picture??? Somebody was working it!!!!
Your kids are adorable!!! The little roar was toooo cute!!!

Blogger Dollar General said...
Emerson def. looks good with red hair! How CUTE! And Atticus - LOVE the lion! Very scary roar! Looks so fun! What were you?!?

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh my gosh, how stinkin' cute are the two of them. They crack me up those two. :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I love the Strawberry Shortcake costume idea!! Let's see your costume!

Blogger Lisa said...
That has got to be the cutest little lion i've ever seen!! And the prettiest Strawberry Shortcake ever!!! So cute!! Sounds like you guys had lots of fun!!!

Blogger Creating Memories said...
Love the Halloween costumes! That is the most adorable Strawberry Shortcake costume I've ever seen!

Blogger Jana Eubank said...
Seriously, ADORABLE, V! Love Atticus' roar, and Emerson makes the perfect Strawberry Shortcake! So cute!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I HATE HIM I HATE HIM I HATE HIM...


ok, so I love him.

BUT I CAN'T STAND HOW CUTE HE IS!

...and I mean it!


love...

Old Hinkley