Thursday, October 18, 2007
Home again, jiggity jig.
We finally made it back home last night, and it feels so good. Just something about your own environment... I have to echo my kiddos' sentiments they so clearly express by running around the house and dancing.

We love going to grandma's house- don't get me wrong. It's just nice to be back in our own beds.

This trip was obviously a bit different from our other ones; filled with family drama and sorrow. Going to that funeral was one of the hardest and saddest things I've ever done. Seeing my cousin's heartbreak- overwhelming at times. I think that they are starting to make the long journey of healing, though. Just continue to pray for those moments when they seem to be washed over with grief...

There were a lot of thoughts that went through my head this weekend; so many things to think and feel through. I felt pretty awkward being so obviously pregnant, but I know that I made the right decision by going. I know that just being there, showing support, was one of the things really needed. For some of us, this grief strengthened our family bonds together.

One of the things that is difficult to deal with during times of grief is the different ways people react to things. Everyone's emotions are right beneath the surface, so things are revealed about their character. Sometimes it's not even a surprising revelation, but it's still frustrating to be around.

We're so glad to be home. I'm so glad it's a rainy day and we are snuggled inside our house. I'm so thankful to be back in the same bed with my husband. I can't describe how much - especially today - I am grateful to hear my kiddos' sweet voices.

Ciao, bellas. I'll be back later with some pics from the happier moments of our trip. :)
5 Comments:
Blogger Missy said...
Welcome home! That is why we call it Home Sweet Home. We will continue to pray for your cousin.
Baby funerals are very hard. I was asked to sing one time at one, and it was very challenging.

Have a fun and relaxing rainy day!

Blogger Morgan said...
So glad you had a nice trip! I was thinking about you all weekend, glad you are buttoned up at home with the kiddo's.

Enjoy your rainy day! xoxo

Blogger Michelle said...
Glad you are home and well. Love ya.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
You've been in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad you are home. Take care of yourself.

Blogger Adrienne said...
You've been in my prayers girlie....glad you are back home!