Thursday, September 20, 2007
So very worn out.
This week has been a pretty good one. The kids have been sweet, I've kept our plans low-key and just tried to focus on family time.

We've enjoyed our screened in front porch and swing and the gorgeous fall weather, although sitting out there just makes me antsy to clean it all. I fantasize about what it would look like, done up like one of those porches you see on HGTV. It'd just be nice to see it without toys scattered about and remnants of popcorn; but alas, such is the life with toddlers and there will be plenty of time for magazine picture-perfect rooms later in our life.

Today I woke up feeling pretty blah... just trying to function through the day. I've got a list of "must-dos" but I don't really feel like doing them. I'm hoping for the energy later. I feel so gross at this point of the pregnancy. I hate walking by a mirror. Lately all I do is pull my hair in a pony tail and put a head band in... all my clothes are getting way too tight (yes, the maternity clothes). I don't have much motivation for getting myself "prettied up" each day when I know we are staying in... which results in me feeling even more gross later.

I just don't feel that "cute pregnancy glow" at this point. More of a "sweaty-too-big-for-my-clothes-sheen."

Meh.

The good side of things:
-the kids go down for a nap soon
-I made one of my most favorite layouts ever last night
-I'll get to spend time with my Grams and fam on Saturday
-Kid Nation has full episodes on CBS.com, so I'll be vegging to that later
-Emerson has made me laugh tons this week
-Atticus is always good for a snuggle
-Shaun goes to the grocery store for us, saving me from the juggling act that is two kids, a cart, and a bunch of food
-Christmas music season (begins Nov. 1 in our home, in case you didn't know) starts soonish
-the Scrap Etc. Layout Lock-In is next weekend, and I'll get a much needed break from home and chance to create
-I actually (I think for the first time since having kids) made a menu plan for 2 weeks, so I don't have to worry about what to make for dinner
-I'm covered by grace... I cannot help but feel so much guilt about all my failings. I read this on Wilna's blog today. Something I need. (Btw, Wilna is an amazing scrapbook artist who is coming to the Scrap Etc. Event... she's one of those rare people who so clearly shows authenticity and reality about her faith, through a gentle spirit... mixed in with her real life. Very encouraging to see.)

Psalm 18

1-2 I love you, God— you make me strong.
God is bedrock under my feet,
the castle in which I live,
my rescuing knight.
My God—the high crag
where I run for dear life,
hiding behind the boulders,
safe in the granite hideout.


4 Comments:
Blogger Michelle said...
Well, to me you are the most creative, artistic looking pregnant person ever. You always look so amazing pregnant. Oh, and the whole pony tail with a headband thing looks way cooler than you described it. Sorry you are feeling poopy though. No matter how great you look it's hard to feel super enthusiastic when you're carrying extra weight you didn't have to lug around just a few months ago. Love you pooper.

Blogger Adrienne said...
Take care of yourself sweetie!!!! Hang in there okay! :-)

Blogger Kim said...
I know that you weren't fishing for compliments, but I love the way you look pregnant. You are very glowy. I know that doesn't make your jeans untight, but just keep thinking how hot you look in tight jeans. Wink!

Blogger Katie said...
when the house gets messy, I too try to focus on the "one day when the kids are grown it will be clean" mantra.

Lets see that layout!!!