Monday, May 21, 2007
Happy Anniversary Baby...
I've got you on my miiiiind. (Those of you familiar with Rick & Bubba will be singing this song in your head for the rest of the day.)

Yesterday was our 7th anniversary... Shaun's parents treated us to a night without the kids and we went and stayed at the Embassy Suites in Huntsville. If you ever have a need to stay in Huntsville, this is a GORGEOUS hotel and I can't speak highly enough of it. We really enjoyed our stay there... especially since I got to have TWO naps without being interrupted by crying kids!

My hubby was super sweet to me yesterday too- after church, he mowed our MASSIVE lawn while Em & I snuggled/slept, and then he came in and helped me clean the house and fold five bazillion loads of laundry. It certainly was nice to wake up to a clean house... especially since we started potty training Em this morning.

(So far, two accidents and since then she has initiated three successful potty trips! I hope the rest of the day is this good!)

Pregnancy-wise, I am at that stage where all I want to do is eat and sleep (just like the baby will in it's first months...hmmm funny how God designed that). If I don't eat, I get sick. Fun times. So if I'm not around tons for the next few weeks, y'all will know why.

Later dudes!
16 Comments:
Blogger Jamie said...
Congratulations Virginia!!

I hope you had a great time while you were in Huntsville this weekend. We love living up here. It is a fun town.

Blogger Abbey said...
Congrats on the baby, girl!! That is so cool for you guys!
And good for you for getting away for the anniversary.
I can relate to the potty trainig...been working with Wilson the past couple of weeks. I had forgotten how much fun it is... :(

Blogger Adrienne said...
Happy Anniversary to you!!!

Blogger Andy said...
happy anniversary to you guys. i've heard that h'ville has a nice embassy suites. living here and all you don't really stay in a hotel in the city you live in. glad you had a good weekend.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
How fun...Xavier's got something up his sleeve for ours! Ahhh...I had some good naps when I was barely pregnant with E!

Wow! Seven years. That is awesome. Congratulations on both milestones...baby number 3 and a long marriage. I hope you don't get too sick.

Blogger Michelle said...
awwww...that is so sweet! I'm glad you two had fun.

Yay! for Em! How exciting!

Blogger Sarah said...
WOAH! Congrats on the pregnancy! That's awesome!!!

And nights out on the anniversary are just swell!!!

Blogger Rachel said...
congratulations x 2!!! I just saw your big news....we are so happy for you guys! love you friend :)

Blogger Dollar General said...
I've been reading my friend's blog who is adopting from China and their potty training technique is CRAZY! They have pants that are crouchless. They just go right there - wonder if your up to that kind of potty training! HA! I'm not sure how it all works! I'm sure I'm missing a few details I think I might have quit paying attention at "crouchless"! AAAHHH! Well, good luck! I hate the process of potty training but it has glorious rewards! There is a pot of money at the end of that rainbow! YEA! Happy Anniversary! Amazing how time flies! CRAZY!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Too cool! Sounds like a wonderful anniversary. Congratulations!! We're coming up on six in September. I'll never forget when we sat down and had "the talk" before my wedding. Ahhh...what fun times. :o)

How old is Em? My little one just turned one and she clearly knows when it's time to poop she stays still and just gets this look on her face. Day care says as she clearly knows it's time to poop there's no harm in putting her on the potty when she gets that look on her face. So we plan on buying a potty and see how it works so I wondered how old Em is.

Oh opps happy Anniversary! How rude of me!

Happy Anniversary ( belated as it is )

Blogger Lesli said...
Congratulat on your Baby Girl - Happy Anniversary - Good Luck with the potty training - I remember those days!

Blogger -C said...
So glad you were able to get away for some time with Shaun. And as for potty training ... just listen to Jeremy ... he's a genius. ;)