Monday, April 02, 2007
Happy Birthday, sweet one
2 years ago I was wishing I'd never signed up for the whole "labor & delivery" thing.

1 year, 11 months ago, I was drowning in exhaustion, new mom insecurities, and lots and lots of pink clothes.

1 year, 10 months ago, I was delighting in sweet baby smiles.

1 year, 6 months ago I was discovering what it was to be pregnant, and have a crawling baby.

1 year, 3 months ago I watched her bang around on her new piano at Christmas.

1 year, 2 months ago she started walking.

1 year ago, I watched my baby girl eat her first birthday cake.

11 months ago I cried when she left to stay the night at my Grams'.

I saw her two days later, when she met her brother for the first time.

10 months ago I watched her kiss her baby brother a bazillion times a day.

5 months ago she trick or treated in her pink fairy costume.

3 months ago she decided to start picking out her own clothes to wear every day.

Today, she turned two. And we really, honestly, truly, can't imagine our life without this

spunky, sassy, adorable
Emerson.
14 Comments:
Blogger Jennifer said...
I got teary just reading this and thinking how days fly by with my own sweet kiddos. Abi asks, "When I say I'm almost 5 and Isaac's almost 8, why do you look so sad?"

Blogger Adrienne said...
Awww, you made me CRY!!! What does her tshirt say? I traded my brother for a what? lol

Blogger Michelle said...
awww...so cute! I love the pictures. Tell that happy little girl Happy Birthday for me.

Blogger Jamie said...
Happy Birthday to your sweet little girl! You made me teary too! Our 2 little ones are close in age also and he turns 2 next month. I am going to have to do a list like that for him. I got so sentimental last year when he turned 1.

Make it a great day!

I swear in that first picture I thought that was a doll in front of her!!!

Blogger Graced said...
That is beautiful. Isn't it amazing that just when you think you will never make it, you already have. You are a wonderful mother!

Blogger Sarah said...
oh my heart.
I can't take it.
she's too adorable.
Happy Birthday Emerson!!!

Blogger Jenney said...
Aw!!!! Happy Birthday Emerson!!!

This post would make an AWESOME mini book. Hint hint! =)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Happy Birthday Emerson!

Love the blog entry, would totally work on a page :)

Blogger Jada's Gigi said...
She is too cute! and grown SO much! Happy Day!

Blogger Kim said...
I'm crying. I love your sweet Em. She's mine, too. Hopefully you'll pick the tomato puree bathing suit. Or the green one.

Blogger Abbey said...
She's so cute! And that blog was so fun to read!
Happy B'day Emerson!

Blogger Ivey said...
Awwwww how cute!!!!!!!!

Blogger mary h. said...
Sweet precious Em. She gets more and more beautiful.