Thursday, April 05, 2007
Finish Line Album from Scrap Etc. Event
Last Sunday afternoon I put together my "Finish Line" album from Stacy Julian's class at the Scrap Etc. Event.

The point of this project was to sit down and complete the whole album within a couple of hours.. keep it simple, and get it done without getting hung up on perfectionism.

I really liked the concept, and I loved the Scenic Route Laurel papers that were given to use in it... so here's the little album I created. I added my own cover using some scrap chipboard and one of the new 6x6 Hambly overlays. I created this for friend of mine whose mom is going through some hard stuff right now- I thought it might be a "pick-me-up" to make a little album with places for pics of her mom and her family in it . :)



I loved the template for this album... just slap some papers down in a design appealing to you- without overthinking it... then go back and add your embellishments. (I cheated a little because you were only supposed to use 50 black embellies or something like that, but I just grabbed what I thought would look good on it and piled it on my desk.) I did this whole album probably in about 3 hours total. I will definitely be using this technique again!
13 Comments:
I loved the way you put the papers and the embellishments together. I'm thinking I need to get some more of this paper.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Very cute!!!

Blogger Adrienne said...
Very nice girl! I have NOT done mine lol

Anonymous Anonymous said...
This is great!

Blogger jenney said...
Very cute album, V!! What a great gift!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Great album! She's going to love it!

Blogger Sarah said...
how cooL! It looks so good!!!

Blogger Vikki said...
Gorgeous!! I just love it!

Blogger Lisa said...
well i am oh so jealous of your cute little album! makes me want to go back and do a few things different on mine! great idea and i loved the class!! thanks for sharing.

Blogger Ivey said...
Hey! Its me Ivey! That looks so cool! This is my blog, http://jesus-freakz.blogspot.com/

Blogger Nan said...
this is very lovely!! I haven't finished mine yet!! That's ANOTHER project that I have to do!!!! lol!!! I just love seeing your work!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
love this Virginia!!

Blogger mary h. said...
Love it, V! She will too. The extras are really cool. It makes it so much better.;)