Tuesday, April 17, 2007
2 things.
love these thoughts.

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." -Ralph Waldo Emerson (someone we have affection for anyways. ;) )


And I saw this on the Spark People website:

PARADOX 1: Perfectionism does not lead to perfection.

Excellence is a good thing. So is working as hard as possible to create, build, and perform to the best of your abilities. But what you may not realize is that trying to be perfect can actually hinder your chances of being excellent.

The pursuit of perfection comes with an ugly flip side: a fear of failure, or fear of making a mistake. This fear keeps a lot of people from trying something different or learning a new skill. They'd rather not try than go through the anguish of not doing it perfectly. The perfectionist likes to stick with things she knows that she can do.


Hmmm... good thoughts for me today. :)
5 Comments:
Blogger Michelle said...
I loved both of those! I need to read them to myself every night and then again every morning.

Blogger alli said...
Good stuff, sweet Virginia! I just gotta say that I love your blog and the fun creative stuff that you are doing!

also, thanks for introducing me to pioneer woman. I love her blog!! Did you read that recipe for pico de gallo?? OH MY WORD!!!

yumm yumm!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Awesome thoughts!!! BTW, what's your SP username so I can say you referred me.

Blogger Graced said...
Very deep. I love R.W.E. but haven't read him in quite a while! I forgot all the encouragement to serenity and simplicity. I think this is a season to pick him back up!

Blogger Deanne Clarke said...
Love, love, love those quotes!!! I have them written off!!! I so needed to read them today! Thanks!

Great blog!!!

Deanne
sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
Sisterhood...celebration of the he{ART}