Thursday, December 07, 2006
You Know that Song about the Christmas Shoes?
Well, I got a special Christmas shoe today.


I figured since I couldn't get black flip flops, I'd at least get a black one.


Sheesh.

It all happened last night- I was coming home from Walmart with the ingredients for some Snowman Poop (aka Puppy Chow/White Trash/Yummy Chex cereal stuff with chocolate, peanut butter, and confectioner's sugar) and the Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese ball (recipe posted below), and it was dark, and I was carrying 3 bags, and I was in a hurry to get in because it was freaking cold... and I stepped on an errant rock next to our walkway.

Not a large rock... just a small one, about the size of two fists put together.

I got off balance, fell forward, twisted my foot... heard a small pop.

I had to call Shaun on my cell (the wonders of technology) and repeat three times why the heck I needed him to come outside.

My hero helped me in and doctored me up with ice and elevation, but this morning I couldn't even touch my foot against anything without excruciating pain.

So now I have a fancy black boot for the next 4-6 weeks. Yep. On the right foot too, so guess who can't drive.

(It's called a "Jones Fracture" for you medical types out there.)

Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball

1 pkg. 8oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1/4 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbs. brown sugar
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans

Beat softened cream cheese, butter, & vanilla until creamy. Slowly add sugars until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Place mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap and form into a ball. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Roll ball in pecans. Serve with chocolate graham crackers or 'Nilla wafers.

8 Comments:
Blogger Andy said...
oh girl! that is so crazy. i hope you are feeling better. hey your toes are polished pretty. i'll be praying for a quick recovery.

Blogger Michelle said...
I am so sorry!!!! We will come and visit you since you will be cooped up. Man, that really stinks (not your foot).

Blogger Vikki said...
OH MY!!! I am so sorry Virginia!! I pray you heal and recover quickly!! Thanks for posting the recipe!!

Blogger Nat said...
Oh I'm so sorry! And I registered for the 2007 Event yesterday. Can't wait! Natalie

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh no!! I sure hope you honey is good to you for the next 6 weeks. I agree with Andy, your toes sure look pretty!! :-) Peace and blessings....Cindy

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Yeah, the toes are what I noticed first then that blinding white leg. LOL! Thanks for the recipe. I sure hope I get to see you and your sweet doctor tomorrow.

mary h.

Blogger -C said...
I think you look better in black flipflops. :) Sheesh is right. I need to find an excuse to try that recipe.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
sorry V! i heard you did a good job altering your cast though! did you take your supplies to the MD's office and have it altered before you got home?? :)