my friend rachel
postedsome thoughts on her blog today... it's given me a lot to think about so i figured i'd post 'em here too. love good mind food & good heart food.
- What was that moment like when Jesus was birthed into our cold & sinful world. Was His mind already on the cross?
- Would I have responded like Mary if I had been chosen to be the mother of Jesus (probably not). What can I learn from her this year?
- Did the angels sing Glory in the highest & peace on earth....if so, what did that sound like?
- What must the shepherds have been feeling...being chosen to be the very first in humanity to hear about the arrival of our Immanuel?
- I love that Jesus' birth was so humble b/c we can identify with Him. If he came as a king or with lots of pomp and royalty, we could not identify with him. It's truly amazing how beautiful a manger has become.
- Did Mary struggle with insecurities in her parenting of the Great I AM??
- Did Mary know that her Son would give His life to forgive her sins?