Monday, September 18, 2006
Picture this...
a dark sky, with ominous clouds quickly rolling in.

two innocent babes, their big blue eyes staring in wonder at the deluge of water pouring from the sky, their serious faces taking it all in.

one harried mother, her hair sticking out in all directions, struggling with an umbrella that continually tried to blow away, as she tries desperately to get the shopping cart to the car.



nope. not the trailer for a new movie called,
"hard rain: part two- the Target incident."



just me. trying to run a "quick errand" today.


.....it was one of those days, the kind that nothing ever seems to go right in, and yet, because i love gloomy days and thunderstorms, my mood never seemed to be totally squashed by it.

but yeah, there were some frustrating moments,


...like my increasingly baggy pants (yay for the baggy because that means i'm losing the pregnancy weight!) falling off of my butt because they are so soaked in water that they are too heavy to stay up...

...like my little girl, sitting in a shopping cart, dripping with water, while Lambie was covering up her little brother like a soldier diving to cover his buddy in a bunker, in order to keep him from getting wet like the rest of us...

...the lady in the target dressing room not letting me take in the kids with the shopping cart to try on some new pants so that i could get into something dry (fortunately, even though i bought them without trying them on, they fit. yay!)...

...not being able to find one of those cool carts with the special area in the front for em to ride in so that atticus could ride in the seat area- thus meaning everything i bought needed to go underneath the cart, where it all fell off about a bazillion times...

i could go on.

but i won't.

a few good things, though:

-found the cutting boards i have been looking for to use in my altered cutting board class at scrap etc.
-got a new razor (i just love having super smooth skin!) and the refills are a lot cheaper than the one i used to have- yay!
-bought some new sunsilk antiPOOF shampoo and conditioner on the recommendation from a friend... hope it works. this hermione hair is just not working for me. lol
-got the kids registered for mom's day out (!!!!!wooooohoooooo!!!!!)


ended the day by taking a shower, cleaning around the house, and lighting my new favorite pumpkin spice candle from ac moore. mmmmmm....

gonna finish listening to this book tonight. and it TOTALLY rocks. i just found out that the author has several more out in this series, and i cannot wait to check 'em out from the library.

nothing like a good vampire romance story in the autumn.
10 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
as a fire department dispatcher i have to say: follow all directions on the candle for safety of your children, pets, and home. i love candles, but they make me nervous. yes, i have become more obsessive compulsive disorder about these things. :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
"ermione hair" ROFLMBO!!!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
TEE HEE!!! Glad it all worked out in the end! LOL

Blogger Andy said...
the mental picture of this is somewhat funny but the reality seems a bit frustrating. i'm glad you got through it okay. the rain was crazy here too. it seemed like a new experiance for me since it's been so long since i've had a real southern thunderstorn. the northwest rarely gets storms like that.

Blogger Abbey said...
Wow, you can afford to shop at Target?! I'm so jealous. Usually I have the same kind of trip to the store, only I end up in dirty old Wal-Mart instead! Anyway, enjoyed the story...you really should write a book! I wold buy it.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
The rain storm caught up with us in the carpool line yesterday...and yeah for the baggy pants!!

Blogger Sarah said...
you poor thing!
I was totally with you...well described, dearie!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
LOL! I can totally relate to this story! Why does it always decide to rain the hardest when you're trying to get out of the car (or back into the car) at the grocery store.
I'm like you--there's something about rainy, dark days that also feel really GOOD. I really like them!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
brilliance.

also, hi.

Blogger Kim said...
Dearest Virge,
I wish I were with you that day. We would have been laughing ourselves silly. I also would've watched your kids while you tried on your pants. And then we would've gotten some nice Starbucks and ignored the screaming of our young..........................


Oh, am I dreaming of a social life? Silly me. Great story. Sounds like a movie I would see.