Wednesday, September 13, 2006
good things
don't you love it when you stumble across something or someone you feel an instant connection to?

i found some charming treasures today online with which i had that feeling.

but first, a little history lesson...

back when the freestyle book came out, i was really excited...

and then (*gasp*) a little wee bit disappointed when i got the book.

(yes, there are cracks and fissions occuring all over the magical kingdom of Scrapbookland as i type this)

it had NOTHING to do with the incredible artists inside... more with what my understand of freestyle.

i've discovered although i love the concept of freestyle, i myself cannot do it. i need more structure... i need to see design. and that's ok- that's freestyle coming full circle, isn't it? doing what is comfortable for me?

anyways, my weird scrapbook philosophies aside, while i admired all the ladies in the freestyle book, i felt a c o n n e c t i o n with Brenda Mae Teo.

yes, her layouts were freestyle, but i feel like she sneaked a little structure in there as well. ;)

but what i mainly loved about her was the spiritual significance of a lot of her layouts.

and today, i stumbled across her blog and her twopeas gallery. i am soooo incredibly inspired.

it's started some sparking in my wee brain cells that has inspired something for my October classes at Scrap Etc.

Sneak Peeks To Appear Soon!

***

Back to the original intent of this post, so yeah... felt a connection with her immediately. Am LOVIN' her blog and her work.

and some of this links i discovered on her blog.

you should really check them out.

Kiddley- fun & hip everyday ideas for you and your kids (and come on- it's a prettily designed website too! lol)

Loobylu- the original blog that Kiddley spun off of. You MUST read this entry. It made me laugh 'til I cried.


***

Ok, now I feel like a strange stalker lady. I promise I'm not. Well, other than blog stalking. LOL
1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I think all bloggers are a little like stalkers, but in a good way! It's good to see someone other than me has some halloween going on already~! Thanks for sharing the links, I'm gonna check it out!