Monday, August 28, 2006
here she is!
the layout that i created this weekend. :) i hope i didn't build up too much suspense that the actual layout is a letdown! LOL it was just exactly what i was picturing, the mood i wanted to evoke. (click on the pic for a somewhat bigger view. dadGUM do i wish i had a scanner! )


i wish i'd taken pics of the process. the title and journaling were the hardest parts- not the what i wanted to have, but the how in designing them. the title was originally stamped on with the "she" foam alphabet from heidi swapp, but it didn't show up very well, so then i used stickers, but it wasn't very "strong" looking of a title. also, it kinda looked like it said "i sometimes... cherish you" (lol) because of the stamping at the bottom, so i wanted it to be connected more with the journaling (since it's the beginning of the quote by brian andreas).

the journaling i had to play with too- the fonts, what it was printed on, embellishing...

the journaling is a quote from brian andreas. i could seriously do a layout on almost all of his quotes. you can browse them at storypeople
(my favorite thing to do is to go to the search and browse through the themes.)

it reads:
"i sometimes wake in the early morning and listen to the soft breathing of my children and i think to myself, this is one thing i will never regret and i carry that quiet with me all day long."

but i'm quite pleased with the overall effect and all the layers and details. and that's what matters most. :)



product supply list:
patterned papers: bohemia line from my mind's eye
chipboard "I", diamonds, rubon letters, ghost clocks, ribbon (green/blue & kind woven at top & blue polkdotted), "cherish" stamp, fold-over tab: heidi swapp for advantus
acrylic paint: apple barrel for plaid (white)
fonts: susie's hand & mom's typewriter, downloaded from the internet
brown & white polkadotted ribbon: michael's
flower: walmart
alpha stamps: hero arts (i & you)
ink: technique tuesday (black) and tim holtz distresssing inks for ranger industries (vintage photo)
ez walnut ink tintz: fiber scraps
misc: notebook paper, staples, & brad
8 Comments:
Blogger -C said...
This is fabulous--just like all your stuff! Do you actually keep these pages in a scrapbook or just have your masterpieces hanging all over your home? I think it would be a shame for them to be kept in a book that isn't opened often. :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
It looks great Virginia!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
oh my gosh virge, that looks amazing. is it a picture frame or a scrapbook or like some wonderful, memory-keeping craft that i don't even know the name for? keep up the good work!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
awesome layout!!

Blogger Cheryl Wray said...
That is just beautiful! I love it and thanks for posting it!
I checked out that link and the quotes, stories there are awesome! This was my favorite I found--"There are lives I can imagine without children but none of them have the same laughter & noise." I think that's gonna have to go on one of my layouts soon!!!

Blogger Rachel said...
Your layout looks awesome!! You're so creative--I wish I had half of your talent!! I miss you! Hug your babies for me :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
this is BEAUTIFUL!!!
Off I go to check out the quote link.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
This blows my mind, Virginia!! It is absolutely beautiful.