Sunday, June 18, 2006
father's day
1st- thank you all who had encouraging words for me from my last post. it definitely helped me to not feel like i was alone. :) i'm doing a bit better now.

i had typed up this big long post about our father's day weekend, but then my computer froze up and i lost it all... :( POOP! the highlights:
  • went to visit shaun's fam yesterday and enjoyed grilled steaks and homemade strawberry ice cream on fresh baked brownies. yummmmmm.
  • em had a blast walking around in aunt crystal's high heels
  • em also had a blast stalking aunt crystal's kitty
  • shaun and his dad spent the majority of the day replacing the timing belt in my car; i am so thankful to have a husband that is handy with car repairs and household stuff. i know that he and his dad really enjoy spending time together when working on these projects (even if they don't really want to be working on the project itself.)
today we got our lazy bums out of bed and headed to church- and i am really glad we did. we'd missed the last few weeks and i'd really missed being there. it's the one time during the week when i feel that i can just be calm and still and hear God. joe, our pastor, always has a really interesting perspective on familiar topics... and today was no exception. he gave some really fresh views on fatherhood and it really was good for me to hear. i was especially encouraged by the words to one of the hymns we sung too... check out the lyrics at the bottom of this post.

as far as scrapping, i finally finished my inspir
ation jar from elsie's class from the scrap etc. event! i'm excited to begin using it. i used the sassafrass doodled borders stamps, the girlfriends line from daisy d's, and technique tuesday petal pushers stamps (and my own handwriting). i also did some re-decorating of a journal monique brought back from winter's cha. i pulled some stuff off and added my own personalization with my new technique tuesday santa cruz stamps- LOVE 'EM! ;) atticus today: (our man of leisure)

me trying to blog:

O the deep, deep love of Jesus, vast, unmeasured, boundless, free!
Rolling as a mighty ocean in its fullness over me!
Underneath me, all around me, is the current of Thy love
Leading onward, leading homeward to Thy glorious rest above!

O the deep, deep love of Jesus, spread His praise from shore to shore!
How He loveth, ever loveth, changeth never, nevermore!
How He watches o'er His loved ones, died to call them all His own;
How for them He intercedeth, watcheth o'er them from the throne!

O the deep, deep love of Jesus, love of every love the best!
'Tis an ocean vast of blessing, 'tis a haven sweet of rest!
O the deep, deep love of Jesus, 'tis a heaven of heavens to me;
And it lifts me up to glory, for it lifts me up to Thee!

gotta run... tonight's emerson's first night in her big girl bed. pray for me. it's gonna be a looooooong night.
2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Glad you had a good time girl! Tony loves the picture of Atticus. He said that is what he wants to look like while he is sleeping! LOL...SENDING GOOD NIGHT VIBES TO YOU AND EMERSON!!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
great layouts of course and i love what you did with your elsie jar! that picture of Atticus is priceless! i see a great layout in your future :)!
hope your night (all night) is good and restful!
gretchen