Thursday, November 03, 2005
HoF and HP
I finally, after weeks of planning and perfectionism and messing around, started

on my

hall of fame assignments.

I tackled the "10 photos-1 title block-1 journaling block-3 embellishments" assignment first because it was the most daunting to me. I rarely scrap more than a couple of photos per layout, so 10 was a pretty big leap for me.

But, I must say, I'm pretty pleased with my results. Is it the best layout I've ever done? No.

Is it the best 10 photo layout I've ever done? Yes.

I just have to write & print the journaling once my printer's ink cartridge arrives in the mail, and this part will be DONE!

Woohoo! I actually think I may ENTER this dang contest.

The next assignment that I'm working on is another imposing one to me. I have to write about a life changing moment/decision, which, in my short 26 years, I haven't had a whole lot of. The ones that I have had are things that I think most people have had (i.e. marriage, loss of a loved one, birth of a child, etc.)...

So I'm trying to come up with an unusual approach or a unique way of journaling about my experiences. I have one idea already, but I'm not sure how it's going to pan out.

Harry Potter!!!


In other news, do you realize how close the "Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire" movie is??!! It's mere days away! I can't WAIT!


What I'm Reading

I've decided that each time I do a blog entry, I'm going to put in what book I'm reading... I've always wanted to keep a record of books that I've read and what I thought of them, but I always forget to.

This book was written by a 15 year old French girl. The story line is really good- I thought she was pretty creative. The actual execution of the writing leaves something to be desired. There's a lot of "their eyes locked and they knew that because of their love, they could never truly be seperated" and "she tossed her glossy black locks over her shoulder while her jade eyes sparkled" type stuff. Not bad for a 15 year old, though. :) Much better than I've done, eh?


I'm about to start reading "Memoirs of a Geisha" with a couple of other girls for our newly started book club (I feel so sophisticated and nerdy at the same time), but until the library gets my copy in, I'm going to read:



I'll let ya know how it goes!

2 Comments:
Blogger Sarah said...
Aaaarrrrggggghhhh! Can't see the picture!!!!!!!!!!

That Cup book looks good. I do enjoy the good scifi genre. I mean the GOOD scifi. Only one author besides CS Lewis, and JK rowling, (Kate Elliot) so will take all recco's!!!!!
Do I sound like an idiot? Ah me.

Blogger Jada's Gigi said...
I used to read to distraction when my kids were young...really young...been a long time...When they start running around it get harder so do it now by all means! Wish I could see your LO but I'm sure its awesome. Glad you are felling better and getting some projects going.