Thursday, October 20, 2005
Nothin' at all, nothin' at all.
I had my first official OB appointment yesterday. Did the whole weigh in thing (can I just say, I want to be a lot more careful about my eating habits this time around? Don't really want to gain 50 lbs. again.), got a fun packet o' info, watched a video, did bloodwork... and got to hear the little one's heartbeat.'Pregnant

I just love hearing that... it's so cool to hear that little heartbeat and know that a person is in there.

I'm definitely getting excited about this whole thing now.


*****

Emerson and other things have been keeping me so busy. I'm feeling very discontent with life, in some ways. Just wishing for a normal routine, a normal day. I'm having to learn to accept that a "normal day" for us might not mean a regular schedule or me getting to accomplish all that I wanted to. It's hard to let go of that concept, though.

I really just have a desire to control things.

Speaking of, I have on and off done Flylady, but often get frustrated with it because of all the dang useless emails. I mean, dude. I have enough things in my inbox to keep me busy besides having to wade through meaningless & sappy testimonials. (Sorry for those of you who enjoy them. I personally am just annoyed by them.)

So.... in some tiny attempt to get my house at least into a semblance of order, I'm thinking of checking out the "Sidetracked Home Executives" book from the library. I requested a copy today, as a matter of fact. It's the system that Flylady began with, but has a few differences, which I hope will work for me.

I just need some sort of system to keep this house in running order.

*****

I got to visit with my sweet friend Michelle yesterday. She and her two cutie kids watched Em for me while I was at the doctor's appt. Her house is just calming to me. I feel like I'm at HOME when I'm there.

I miss the days when we literally lived next door to each other and had a stone path between our porches.

She had a fun packet of little prizes for me, including a scarf she crocheted for Emerson. HOW CUTE CAN THAT BE??!!

I will definitely be taking pics of her in it later today and post them.

And finally- we will be getting some cooler weather this weekend, so maybe Em will even have the need to wear it!'Bundled'

*****

Alright, peeps. That's enough rambling, eh?

Ciao.
4 Comments:
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...
Oh my gosh! Sidetracked Home Executives!! They rock! Seriously..I attribute my sanity to those girls. I did the whole system over 20 yrs ago when i had a 4 yr and 2 yr old and one on the way. they saved my life!
I still use the basic principles to get things done in my house, in my life, and they are like 2nd nature to me. That is amazing that they are still around. I used to feel like I was in a daze, I couldn't focus or accomplish anything and days, weeks etc would go buy with me just surviving. I was miserable cause I need structure in my life and there isn't much with babies. Give it a try...maybe it will work for you too. Just don't be too hard on yourself when you dont' get "everything" done. That is their true secret...a time for everything and no guilt when you don't make it. :)

Blogger Bill Heroman said...
must be a 'bama company, hunh?

good luck with that! :)

Blogger Virginia said...
jada's gigi- good! i'm glad to hear encouragement on SHE. i really liked flylady, who based a lot of her stuff on them, and it helped my sanity some... but it also was overwhelming for me in some ways. i really need something basic and this sounds like it will work for me, Lord willing! we need some sanity and order in our home right now.

Blogger Virginia said...
herobill, i don't think it's a bama company, but i could be wrong. it's just that we southerners are usually onto a good thing when we see it. ;) hee hee