Monday, October 17, 2005
I am ALIVE!
Blogger's guilt.

Yes, it has taken its death grip and wound its crippling hand around me.

I have been feeling lethargic mentally, and thus, have had nothing to say.

But I'm trying to pull myself out of this creative slump and jumpstart my brain.



I have decided to enter the CK Hall of Fame this year, in an attempt to accomplish several things:

-Challenge myself to actually scrapbook
-Push myself in new creative directions
-Begin the long climb up the slope of being published/joining a design team

We'll see how it goes. I'm trying to be optimistic about it, which goes against my nature.

I've even organized myself with a notebook, and am sketching ideas, writing down inspirations, etc.

The due date for the entry is Feb. 9th, so hopefully I'll have scraped (scrapped?) together my 10 layouts. Heh.



I've also been thinking about Christmas. Specifically, what the heck am I going to get everyone??!!!

My husband is the hardest to shop for. He honestly just does not want a whole lot. And the things he does want are big ticket items... like a new bike. A $2000 bike. Yeah, that's not going to be under the tree this year, honey.

The other conundrum I have with gift giving this year is that we have set ourselves a pretty tight budget, so that we can save up a down payment for a house.

So I'm going to have to get creative with gift giving this year.



I'll keep you posted on if I have any amazing ideas. Thinking
2 Comments:
Blogger Sarah said...
Glad to hear from ya again!
I'm having the same problem about christmas. Journals and scarves again this year, everybody?

Blogger Jada's Gigi said...
oh dear, it is that time again! I haven't even realized it til now...I'm just trapped in wedding land and can't get out...:)
I guess I'd better get the ole brain gears turning in that direction....I'm budgeted til next fall right now so I have no idea where the money will come from and I'm just too tired to be creative. If you do come up with any amazing idea...please post!
Good to have you back V!