Thursday, September 22, 2005
Pregnancy Ponderings



Now that I've come to grips with the fact that, yes, we're having Baby #2 a mere few months after having Baby #1, a lot of things are going through my mind.

Like...

~how amazing life is

~how so very different motherhood has turned out to be

~how Emerson & Baby #2 have revealed things I never knew about myself

~how being able to watch my husband be a daddy makes me fall in love with him all over again


I must admit that not all of my thoughts have been so generous and zen-like. ;)

I have felt very very overwhelmed at the prospect of a new little one, because, as you may have figured out, this baby wasn't necessarily being "tried for" at the moment. It's so weird how things work out, though.

I have faith that this is God's timing. I can't tell you how very clearly I saw that with Emerson's conception and timing of her birth in our lives.

I have hope knowing that God's blessings are blessings- not ways that He's trying to "get at me" or test me or drive me crazy.

I have trust that He knows what He's doing... and that He's not going to leave me out here on my own to deal with two little ones.

My due date is May 9th, 2006. Emerson's 1st birthday will be April 2, 2006. Whoa.



Feeling a little better physically today- friends, thank you so much for the sweet words commented on my previous post. The cold is better, and not too much nausea today, to speak of. Hopefully I only have about a month more of this part of the pregnancy.
2 Comments:
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...
How turned upside down you must feel! But God definitely has a plan, I'm sure of it. :) I don't think one single baby born into this world is unplanned by Him. He has known their names even before time began. And I'm sure He is doing a work in you and your husband's lives through it all too. He redeems everything, never wasting anything, but uses each circumstance of our lives to bring us to Himself in new ways. You will find Him here too I know.

Sorry to be so preachy...its the Mother in me...LOL

Blogger Sarah said...
Poor sweetie!
You'll know the whys sometime!
Hugs and kisses!
XO