Monday, August 08, 2005
Another day, another dollar... or not. :)
I think I'm getting the hang of this whole staying at home thing.

I occassionally get the panicky feeling of, "dang it! I've got a gazillion things to do and I'd better bust my buns to get them done or else I'll be stressed... oh wait a minute. I can do some of it tomorrow. Whew."

It's totally nice having a little less pressure on me- I can focus my efforts on Shaun and Emerson and my home and my art and my friends. Nice.

***

Speaking of family, my very cool little bro came to visit me for the day today. It's great to be within driving distance of each other again. We spent the day hanging out, talking about music, and reminiscing our dorky games we played as kids.

He introduced me to this cool indie band: Gregory and the Hawk The lead singer has a very sweet voice... and the lyrics are beautiful.

***

What's on schedule for tomorrow:

-stay at home and avoid errands at all costs
-wash up dishes left over from our superb deep dish pizza dinner from Sunday night (just a couple of wine glasses and a pot- I promise there aren't any flies buzzing around our deep dish pan or anything!)
-work on a little art (I've finally decided to make the swith to 11 x 8.5 pages- they are so much faster for me to create with, PLUS I need a little something to shake up my scrapping)
-surf the 'net
-exercise (including my new yoga/pilates dvd routine- super relaxing)
-organize the hall closet
-put some more stuff on ebay

Sounds like a busy day, huh? ;)
2 Comments:
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...
Hi
Found your blog through Sarah...
sounds like a busy day...you must be a "list" person. :) I know I am...kids have a way of messing up your lists don't they? lol
Hey does your little bro like Ska music?...have him check out the Toasters.org they are a cool band that my son plays in. He plays the sax.

Blogger Virginia said...
Hi Jada's Gigi! I am definitely a "list" person! Can't function without one! I'll have my brother check out the toasters website- and I will too! I love ska. :) Thanks for dropping by!