Thursday, July 14, 2005
Baby Whispering
I'm starting Emerson on a new schedule this week.

I'm moving her from a 3 hour feeding schedule to a 4 hour feeding schedule,

as per the Baby Whisperer's advice.


She'll be 16 weeks next week (i.e. 4 months), and is showing signs that she is growing up:
  • Rolling over numerous times a day (especially in her sleep, which wakes her up and makes her cry)
  • Scooching around in her crib
  • Putting her butt in the air and getting on her knees a little bit
  • Reaching for objects
  • Squealing and cooing
  • Taking shorter naps
It should be interesting to see hour the 4 hour schedule affects me and my little routine. I've gotten nice and settled in this 3 hour thing, knowing that I have lots of free time each nap period. The 4 hour schedule will change things drastically (eventually); she'll be going from 3 naps/1 catnap to 2 longer naps/1 catnap. Hopefully this means I'll be able to take her out more, because she'll be up for longer stretches of time. Yay!